This one starts off with a bang. Randy recovers from his “Gas Guzzler” suggestion with podcast gold arguing that H eclipses Coffee in terms of its addictive properties. This show note editor found it hilarious when I listened. The guys then discuss some backlash and a slight lack of professionalism exhibited by Normatec VP Kristian Pearson following our side-by-side between RecoveryPump and Normatec. The Octane guys kept it professional with Mr. Pearson offering for him to join the show to discuss Normatec in greater detail. This is the third such invite that was made to Normatec. We shall see where that goes. In the meantime, listen to Episode 29 to get full coverage on the recovery boot challenge we did between RecoveryPump and Normatec. Randy discusses taking the Colorado pancake challenge. See the attached pictures to get an idea of this thing. The last segment of the show is some Q&A about Power Meters and how coaches look at and use metrics like heart rate, cadence, power, etc.
Finally, we announce new ways that you, our listeners, can get involved in the show….
- Call us. That’s right, give us a call at 740-414-FUEL (740-414-3835) and leave us a message with feedback, questions, topic suggestions, rants, guest suggestions, or anything else you want to drop on us.
- Chat with us on slack.com. It’s FREE! Our channel is https://octaneathletics.slack.com/messages/podcasting/ and you will be able to chat with us pretty often, including everytime we do a live streamed show.
- LIVE PODCAST with Trent Nix, one of the owners of TriShop in Plano, TX, who is an incredibly talented bike fitter. That’s right, we’re going to record the podcast live. Come join us at TriShop from 7-8 PM on Tuesday, July 28, 2015. There will be beer, food, and some free SWAG for those that attend.
- Week of August 4th: Recording with Gene Gurkoff, the CEO of Charity Miles. Be looking for this episode. Gene and the Charity Miles team is helping to change the world, and you can help doing what you are already doing, running and cycling. Read this great article about Gene and Charity Miles and submit your comments or questions for Gene on our Facebook page, via the new Slack Channel or via phone at 740-4FUEL35 (740-414-3835)
- Early August – Date TBD – Ironman Champion Meredith Kessler joins the Octane guys to talk triathlon, training and life. Check out Meredith’s website and submit your comments or questions for Gene on our Facebook page, via the new Slack Channel or via phone at 740-4FUEL35 (740-414-3835)
Check out the Resource page at octane-athletics.com for free training plans, workouts and other cool stuff.
Support the Fuel Your Fire Podcast
- PLEASE RATE THE FUEL YOUR FIRE PODCAST HERE
- Like the Facebook Page
- Collaborate with us on the Fuel Your Fire Running and Triathlon Facebook Group
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Follow Us on Instagram
- Follow Dave on Twitter
- Follow Randy on Twitter
The coaching staff at Octane Athletics Training Systems is offering (zero obligation) FREE consultations for any athlete that is considering hiring a coach to work with them toward their goals. If this is of interest to you, simply fill out the form on this page and one of the coaches will follow up with you very quickly.
Support the Podcast by doing your shopping on Amazon.com. It’s that simple. No hidden or additional fees. We just get a few cents every time you head over to Amazon using this link.
Also, be sure to check out all of our other episodes at octane-athletics.com.
Get your Gatorade Endurance from your local running or triathlon specialty store or at Amazon.com. If your local store doesn’t have it, ask them why. Train with what is on course at over 350 running events around the country and at Ironman Triathlons, Gatorade Endurance.
If you get value from the show and want to tell us you appreciate us, how about popping for a bottle of water, a cup of coffee or a sandwich. Would you do that? If so, become an Octane Patron and pledge $1, $5, or $10 to the show.